Improving Developer Life - Cutting-Edge
As much as I would love the team to start working on the latest technologies for their brand new project - the manager part of me is hesitant on having the team on the cutting edge.
Being on the cutting edge is great:
- Hiring new team members are easier: “we use the latest & greatest” (and current team members love it!)
- Development momentum is in our favor - it’s where current collective mindshare is.
- Everyone on the same journey of discovery - no one person on the team knows more than other.
- Cutting edge last year, tired tech this year.
- Is the error us or the tech we’re adopting??
- Team spends more time learning/discovering the tech than delivering business results.
I loved that the team went from: “Why can’t we use the old way?” to: “Let’s use the most cutting edge!”.